I turn thirty on Sunday. I am OK with it and here is why |
1. Bottom line, I'm fortunate to be alive and celebrating another 365 days of life.
2. Most of the coolest women I know are in their 30s and I am happy to join their ranks.
3. I've been waiting 24 years for the Thirtysomething theme song to apply to me.
4. My mom was a cutie when she was 30 (above w/me) so I've got good genes.
5. I get to eat my favorite cake.
6. It seems that life is getting better as it goes on - marriage, friends, work, the whole bit.
7. I bought myself a "turning 30 dress" from Dear Golden Vintage.
8. If I am going to be an elite runner, this is supposedly the decade that it will happen for me.
9. I am planning a third decade dinner in the near future at this restaurant.
10. About two years ago, I saw my 30-something crisis waiting for me up ahead like a big, grabby monster. I changed some things in my life and jumped to a different path and I think I've managed to miss it.