Thursday, March 22, 2012

Our favorite books right now

     

I will be forever thankful to my friend Jamie for gifting these books to us at my baby shower - All in a Day and "Mama, Is It Summer Yet?" The illustrator is Nikki McClure, who uses an x-acto knife to create the pictures (whoah). Because they are high-contrast, Severen loves them. And the stories are beautiful so I enjoy reading them! The first time I read All in a Day to him, I cried. This line in particular got caught in my throat: Underneath that great big sky the earth is all a-spin. This day will soon be over and it won't come back again. 

Illustration and cover images courtesy of Abram's Books

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, he's so attentive! My son has always loved to be read to as well. I highly recommend purchasing On the Night You Were Born (read it with a box of tissues) and for fun, all of the Mo Willems books!

kater said...

Oh my gosh, that second picture, he is so precious! My heart!

I've been babysitting my boss's daughter since she was 4 months (I've known her since she was born and now she's 17 months! ah!) and she loooved (still does, but less into it now) this book called 'Iggy Peck Architect'. The illustrations are really nice, and she liked to kiss the baby in it :D

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love everything about this, but most especially Severen's face looking at the book in the last photo!

Wild Tea Party said...

I <3 these pics Duff, they're so lovely!

Anonymous said...

I love children's books! Severen looks like a little reader in the making!

When he's older you should check out Shaun Tan's work http://www.shauntan.net/books.html I highly recommend 'The Lost Thing'.

steph.kelley said...

Look at him, so studiously studying the books. You two are adorable! xoxoxo

Post a Comment