Friday, May 10, 2013

Daisy, Jordan, Myrtle ▴ Jewelry picks for the Gatsby women

sautoirbraceletcompactearrings

hat pinbangleringsautoir

hair ornamentnecklaceearringsdress clip

Tonight is the big night! I know many of you will be off to see the new The Great Gatsby - how exciting! I just re-watched the 1970s version this week, which will probably remain my favorite because of the tawny quality of the filming, the sweatiness (yes, I love that) and the actors, including my girl crush Lois Chiles as Jordan.

I took the liberty of picking out a few things for the leading ladies of that film version. What do you think?

Daisy: ultra feminine, soft, classic, expensive, safe, vain
Materials: Diamonds, pearls, platinum

Jordan: young, athletic, self-assured, unmarried, stylish, sexy
Materials: cut steel, onyx, bakelite, amethyst

Myrtle: garish, colorful, desirable, desperate, doomed
Materials: Glass, celluloid, ribbon, enamel, paint

3 comments:

steph.kelley said...

Your picks are the cat's pajamas! :) I do love a good period piece -- will have to go see this one. xoxoxo

ElleSee said...

I had intended to read the book again before seeing the movie, which never happened -- I'm going tonight -- but the story all came flooding back to me by reading this post, especially Myrtle. I am in love with Jordan, too. She has such an amazing voice in that film. I'm a little anxious to see Leo as Gatsby, though, because I really enjoy Robert Redford's Gatsby.

LC from the world of ellesee

Blogger said...

There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

It's been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this or quit betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.

Post a Comment