Friday, October 21, 2011

Family Baby Shower

 

Last week Soren and I traveled to Minneapolis for our family baby shower. It was a fall-themed, open-house style party with lots of friends and family stopping by. There were about forty people there including my little family from Iowa (that's us in the first pic)! Soren's mom and dad offered to host it at their house which was perfect. They have a big backyard and the weather was beautiful so people could visit outside by the fire if they wanted. The food was lovely (homemade pulled pork and chicken salad sandwiches, a salad, pumpkin cream cheese and apple pie bars), we picked flowers from the garden for the bouquets, etc. Simple, good stuff.  Opening presents with Soren was unexpectedly fun. He got so excited about everything we got, saying things like "I can't wait for him to wear this/play with this!"  I broke down sobbing once during the party but otherwise made it through like a champ. It was a great day.

7 comments:

Mariana said...

I wish I could have been there...
Love you guys.

Jacqueline said...

So funny...I was *just* thinking about you this morning and wondering if you had any baby showers. Glad it was so wonderful. Also, you look amazing.

Stacy Housey Hegfors said...

I heard what a great time you all had and how nice the party was! I wish we could have made it but we will be fashionably late as we are having dinner with Aunt Margaret & Uncle Kimball at their house on Saturday. Enjoy the last few months of your pregnancy...all those kicks, taps, & hiccups are just the best feelings ever! :)

Marye said...

You are so beautiful! We are glad we got to see you for a bit. Levi is, fortunately, feeling much better :)

Anne said...

You ARE beautiful! I'm so excited for you, mama!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! I can't wait for you to meet your little one. It's truly life changing! Mine is now in school and I miss him each day when he's gone. I'm so excited for you both!

steph.kelley said...

You are adorable. And beautiful! Looks like a lovely weekend (esp. the pulled pork. Haha!) xoxoxo

Post a Comment