Thursday, June 6, 2013

Pull-down maps from Gritty City Goods


Ugh! I apologize for making false appearances in your reading list these past several hours. I'm trying to work on image mapping and I had a couple false starts! I think I'm getting the hang of it, though, and it will be a fun thing.

In the meantime, I want to share a shop I've been thinking about lately. Gritty City Goods takes vintage prints, puts them on canvas and mounts them like pull-down maps. And who doesn't long for a good pull-down map in the house? Not surprisingly, I am pining after this geological map of France. I could hang it right by my real vintage "France Physique" map. Then my office would be perfect.

2 comments:

Wildfell Hall said...

oh love that map...aren't maps the best! my friends have a map of the US in their bathroom (they aren't from here either) and I get stuck in there looking at it up close...

Unknown said...

I just love these pull down maps http://oldnewhouse.com/collections/wall-art/maps

Post a Comment