Friday, April 27, 2012

Hyacinth necklace


I bought this necklace for myself on ebay a while back. I love 1920s lariat necklaces and I had never seen one with glass ornaments like this one. Usually they terminate with briolette or trumpet-shaped crystals, like this one or this one.  I knew it reminded me of something but I couldn't put my finger on just what. Then I was out walking earlier this spring and I saw purple grape hyacinths in our neighborhood and I realized - That's it! That's what they remind me of. Don't you agree?

4 comments:

Wild Tea Party said...

Such a beautiful piece Duff!

Bombshell Bettie said...

totally agree!! i skipped the first picture (probably because there was no duff/baby/jewelry and thought "the beads look like those purple flowers bees love so much" then i scrolled up again and yep, those ones. My grandma had a ton of them. Lovely necklace!!

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

love lariats...surely the most underrated kind of necklace! that one is a gem.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and yes! So very hyacinth like. :)

Post a Comment