Friday, February 1, 2013

Waking up


One of my favorite things to do is fetch Severen when he wakes up from his nap. Or like yesterday, I actually go in and wake him up if he is sleeping too late.

We all know that waking up from a nice slumber can be quite disorienting. I guess it just surprises me that children experience the same thing. It cracks me up because Severen's expressions seem so adult. I mean, I make most of these faces every morning myself! Here is what I imagine him thinking in these photos:

"Huh? Oh, hi Mama. Where am I? Did you eat my crackers? Did I just pee? Look at my clock! What are we doing now? Is it time to play? I'm reeeaaadady! Wait . . . just give me a minute."

It is especially adorable when he collapses forward back into his blankets for one last snuggle before standing up and getting up for good. Don't we all love to nuzzle our pillows for a couple extra seconds before pushing the button on the alarm?

4 comments:

Jo H said...

so precious, duff.

lauren said...

Faves: #2 and the last one. OMG, I think I MISS him!

steph.kelley said...

Haha! Glad you thought to photograph the series — it's priceless. xoxoxoxo

Emily said...

Those expressions! So sweet :)

Post a Comment