Friday, October 8, 2010

The collection grows






We've chatted about my love for antique coin holders before. After mourning jewelry and buckle rings, I do believe coin cases take third place in the list of things that make me bonkers. Since our last visit on the topic, I've added a couple of pieces to my collection. They have different metals, shapes and capacities. The large piece is actually a vanity case, complete with a mirror, a bill or card clip, coin holders and a tiny compartment. The vanity case and the other silver-looking piece are marked "German Silver," which I recently learned is not silver at all but actually an alloy of copper, nickel and zinc. Anyway, if you are watching Antiques Roadshow in about 35 years and a white-haired lady wearing lots of old jewelry comes on with a sackful of these things, you can bet it is me. Especially if I'm all weepy.

5 comments:

labonnefemme1 said...

A great Collection!

samantha ramage said...

omg, i have never ever heard of a coin holder! these are amazing! love your collection! too bad coins don't buy anything anymore!

xo
sami

Unknown said...

I'm with Samantha, I've never seen anything like this before either! how awesome. I have an old coin collection, but had no idea these existed!

Kellie said...

Wow, these are so interesting!! I've never seen one of these before. In fact, I didn't even know these were a THING! I do have quite a lot of old coins lying around, though.

Wild Tea Party said...

I sincerely hope that Antiques Roadshow is still running in 35 years. It's insane how much I like it.... it can't be normal. I am loving that vanity case. Who needs a handbag when you've got that!

Post a Comment