Sunday, October 31, 2010

What else?











This is the last time I'll talk about my Jean Jean trip. I promise. I just want to leave you with a few snapshots of the non-jewelry side of the adventure. I stayed in three great B&Bs (Grand Avenue B&B, Walnut Street Inn, and Twin Lyons B&B ), all of which I highly recommend. I wandered around beautiful town squares, paid visits to several county offices in search of genealogy materials, visited Askinosie Chocolate factory, re-connected with family, met new friends and enjoyed the pretty Kansas/Missouri horizon from my car. Good times.

5 comments:

Wild Tea Party said...

Looks like a charming trip! I'm loving the picture of the girl wearing the same dress as the one that hangs beside her. What an idea!

labonnefemme1 said...

Looks like such a wonderful trip and a beautiful way to re-connect to your past!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love these photos! That flat endless horizon looks very familiar to me from childhood trips between St. Louis and Colorado. I also love the dress hanging next to the portrait of the woman wearing the dress--and all the wonderful small town buildings.

Maria Casteel said...

i love it! i'm sneaking in your car next time.

Jacqueline said...

The site of all that space and the broad horizon makes my heart ache for home... Nothing comforts me quite so much as the prairie.

Post a Comment