Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mama has a favorite




I've got my jewelry box favorites, for sure. An octagonal locket that I wear almost every day, a blue glass 1930s evening ring that I'm pretty sure gives me magical powers, a 1910s bandeau/headband . . . and as of a couple of weeks ago, this necklace! Rhinestone and sterling/pot metal Art Deco necklaces are getting harder and harder to find, especially ones with delicate designs and lots of "vacant" chain space like this one. I'm in love with the oval feature, as well as the fact that it is also a festoon necklace. I don't deserve it, but I am grateful to be its owner for the next few decades!

5 comments:

lauren said...

mama's favorite is my favorite too ♥

Jacqueline said...

A lovely favorite it is, too. And by the way? You don't need the ring to have magical powers.

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

wow unusual piece, beautiful!

labonnefemme1 said...

You DO have magical powers and you Do deserve this necklace. Repeat ten times.

Wild Tea Party said...

A 1910 bandeau?! Now we really need to see that!

This necklace is just beautiful too :)

Post a Comment