Friday, September 16, 2011

Hello piano


We disturbed the early morning quiet of our neighborhood yet again yesterday morning (we've been landscaping all week . . . more about that later) when the family piano arrived chez moi. The piano is very special to me because it has been in my family for over thirty years. It originally belonged to my Grandpa, who was a piano theory teacher and a great player. That's my Grandpa, the piano and me in the last pic! After he died the piano traveled from Kansas to Iowa to be passed down to my dad, who also loved to play. We had it at my house from the time I was about five and I learned to play on it. Fast forward twenty-five years . . . . when my mom and brother decided that the piano should be passed on to me. So now, after a road trip from Iowa, it is in my living room. I'm so happy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so amazing! I have a strong appreciation for family history which is probably why my own Will is actually a fourth!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

You can play concerts with your neighbor! I love this. I took lessons as a teenager, but quit when I went to college; wish I'd kept up with it.

marciabraun said...

Yeah for pianos!!! I'll be getting one soon. I'm happy my mom pushed all those years of lessons...now. also in your bakelite photos, you look really great. wishing you the absolute best!

Feronia said...

What a lovely family tradition :)

Post a Comment