Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I did it!


Do you remember this little DIY post I mentioned back in July? Well, I finally got around to doing it this past weekend and I'm really happy with it. The hardest part was deciding which hankies to frame. I ironed and tested out a couple dozen but these six made the cut! I bought the frames here.

And P.S. The big cross pillows on my daybed are from Liane at Enhabiten. They are amazing and stuffed with all-natural kapok. If you are looking for some comfy throw pillows she makes some really nice things!

11 comments:

Soren said...

Notice how they are expertly spaced and leveled. :)

Zohar said...

love it! The hankies are beautiful and they look great in the room (what I see of it anyway) :) Makes me wanna do it too!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I totally remember that post, Duff--in fact, I was looking at my grandma's old Scottie dog-embroidered tea towels yesterday and thinking of your post. I love how this turned out! I am all inspired now.

oh, albatross said...

loverly! and i see soren deserves a pat on the back as well!

Liane said...

aw, thanks for the shout duff! your corner looks great. doesn't it feel so good to get a project completed?

Irene :: { Heirloom Attire } :: said...

Oh, the handkerchiefs! They look beautiful! They're the perfect, vibrant color scheme to go with the bedspread!

Anonymous said...

So pretty!
I really love how you've placed the pop of red in the middle.

De La Belle said...

what a fantastic idea, I love it!

Emily said...

What a great idea - it looks tremendous! I've always wondered what I can do with the pretty hankies I've collected :)

steph.kelley said...

Beautiful work. It's hard to get the right tone of matched mis-matchiness — varied colors and patterns that don't "match" but go together nicely. You did it, though, as you said! :)

Bombshell Bettie said...

I absolutely love this! I think i'm going to have to do this. What a fantastic idea!

Post a Comment