Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving menu


Last Thanksgiving was a hoot. It was our first year in our house and we invited the whole family for the holiday. It was my first experience hosting the big dinner and I had a lot of fun picking out recipes. I am basically making the same menu this Thursday (it's been a year, no one will mind right?) with a couple adjustments. What made the cut? The lemon-stuffed turkey, the swiss chard stuffing, the cranberry conserve (so good on yogurt if you have leftovers) and the parmesan roasted butternut squash, which was my absolute favorite last year. What's changing? Brussels sprouts with pecans in place of roasted vegetables and pumpkin cheesecake in place of pecan pie. Oh, and my mom will be firing up the microwave to make that Midwest classic - Green Bean Casserole.

How are you celebrating Thanksgiving this year? What is the food/tradition that you look forward to the most?

10 comments:

Wildfell Hall Vintage said...

what time should I be there?

Cori Housey said...

Have a GrEaT time!!! The menu sounds wonderful, I will have to try the squash! We hope you, Soren and little one are doing wonderful! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!! Love you all!!!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Delicious! I love your menu (we'll be having brussels sprouts, too, and I'm making pumpkin cheesecake). As usual, I'm most looking forward to the leftover sandwich.

Capricious Traveler said...

Pecan pie! Oh, and i am always in charge of the deviled eggs.

lauren said...

i want to go to there.

Jess said...

oh my i am so excited for thanksgiving! that looks amazing ;) have the best holiday!

Anonymous said...

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here but I wish we did! I'm a recent convert to brussels sprouts and they look delicious with those pecans!

Wild Tea Party said...

Ditto what Teresa said - Aussies don't do Thanksgiving. But in the office we had Pumpkin Pie last year, we're hoping for a repeat.

Foy Update - Garden. Cook. Write. Repeat. said...

I love the you have bittersweet on the table. My grandma always went out to find some berries to put on the table fot Thanksgiving. That's a great memory. Unfortunately now I only think of bittersweet as an invasive species. Something to begotten rid of before it can produce seeds.

As for favorite dish? Bring on the stuffing with gravy!

steph.kelley said...

Awooooogah! Looks delicious. I love being with my family for four straight days, playing board games and eating lots of scrumptious food. Can't wait. Have a great one — looks like you will. XOXOXOXOX

Post a Comment