Monday, January 30, 2012

It's our birthday!



Today I am 31-years old and Severen is one month old. We are pretty excited to share a birthday - just look at this picture! Ok, ok he is just yawning. But it kind of looks like we are saying "yay! We are getting older!"

He has his one-month check up today and I am really curious to see how much he weighs. He was almost 9# when he was born . . . what do you think he is now? Enter your guess in the comments section and the person who is closest (within an ounce) will get a goodie in the mail from me.

✦ Congratulations to Hannah for having the closest guess! She guessed 11 lb. 7 oz and Severen tipped the scales yesterday at 11 lb. 2 oz. I'll be in touch Hannah! ✦

Want to know how I felt when I turned thirty? Here is last year's birthday post.

P.S. I love how Severen looks like he is trying to get away here when I am nibbling his cheek - like, "Mo-om, you are embarrassing me in front of all these blog readers!" Ha ha ha, I think I have at least a few more years of nibbling/snuggling before he can do anything about it.

17 comments:

The Vintage Mistress said...

I think the scale is going to tip at 9lbs 10.5oz for Severen today?

Marye said...

Happy Birthday Duff! And happy one month to Severen! I predict he will weigh in at 10 lbs 2 ounces :)

ashley said...

Happy Birthday Duff and Severen! hope you'll be happy always :)

I guess he weighs around { 9 lbs & 26 oz }

Ashley

Capricious Traveler said...

10.8oz

Marcia said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Your baby boy looks HUGE. I'm thinking he must be a 10 pounder now. Have a fun day!

KristiMcMurry said...

What a cutie pie!!! Hope the appointment goes well :) I'm guessing 10 lbs 5 oz...but I know absolutely nothing about babies and weight and all that.

steph.kelley said...

Happy birthday to you both!! What a ladykiller you have there. Watch out as he gets old enough to learn how to wink! I'm guessing 12 lbs. Just to show you how baby-ignorant I am. :D Love and hugs on this wonderful day -- xoxoxoxo

Wild Tea Party said...

Happy Birthday Duff! Where did the last year fly?!

I would take a guess about little Severen's weight, but I have no idea about weight in pounds, we use the metric system in Australia :S

Have a fun day together!

Anonymous said...

I'm going big... 13 lbs. My kids gained like crazy when they were one-two months old!!

Lori P said...

Adorable. Both, adorable. Happy Birthday!

Maria Casteel said...

i like you a lot.

Irene :: { Heirloom Attire } :: said...

Happy birthday, Duff!!!

And I'm going to guess 10 lb 6 oz...

Katrina said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! You guys look like quiet a pair! Hmmm...as for weight, lots of good guesses already posted. Is 10 lbs. 8 oz taken yet?

Anonymous said...

Aw, happy shared birthday! You make a super adorabel twosome!

Hannah said...

Well Happy Birthday to both of you! I am going to guess that Severen is 11 lbs. 7 oz. He looks very well fed ;)

Huzzah! Vintage said...

too cute! happy birthday, Duff and Severen!

Emily said...

Hope you had a very happy birthday, Duff and Severen!

Post a Comment