Friday, June 10, 2011

The best fruit crisp

Photo by Romula Yanes for Gourmet, 2007

Tonight I'm participating in a Pop Up Shop with Purple Deer Vintage and Verseau Vintage. It should be fun. I'm taking about 70 pieces of jewelry, most of them totally new!

I'm also taking a Plum Berry Crisp to share. I love this recipe from Gourmet (everyone can take a moment here to cry a little bit for the loss of this great magazine). If you don't have plums, you can use rhubarb or even apricots. It is so good and so simple - I've made it dozens of times!

Plum Berry Crisp
Adapted from the August 2007 Gourmet recipe by Shelley Wiseman

FILLING:
1 1/2 lb plums, rhubarb or apricots, sliced
2 cups berries (blackberries, raspberries or blueberries)
1/3 to 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar (Billington's is best)

TOPPING: 
1 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter, cut into bits and room temperature
1/4 tsp salt
a handful of chopped walnuts (optional)

METHOD: 
Prehat oven to 425ºF. Toss together the berries and filling sugar in a 2-quart shallow dish and back 10 minutes. Meanwhile, blend together all the topping ingredients in a bowl with your fingertips until the mixture is well combined and crumbly. Stir the fruit filling then sprinkle the oat mixture over it and back about 30 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and the crisp is golden brown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting. I'm sure you will all do very well. Have a blast! Side note- I'm sad I won't get to see the new goodies. Ha ha

Post a Comment