Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cool girls wear these

When I saw these 1940s photos, I knew that I needed to get on the ball and start collecting identification bracelets. I mean, how awesome is this girl?! I'm pretty sure she is wearing nine ID bracelets. I've been stockpiling them for Jean Jean Vintage this last month and the collection has grown to well over a dozen bracelets. I couldn't resist staging a look-a-like shoot after I finished photographing all of the bracelets for the shop. All I need is a chocolate malt and a time machine and I think I could hang with this girl.

Photos courtesy of Life Image Archives

5 comments:

Megan said...

Loving this! SO neat to see a fad from the 40s!

http://grlfashionista.wordpress.com/

Maria Casteel said...

this is genius. you look adorable!

No Carnations said...

Maybe those were all of her boyfriends! Love the pics :)

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

I love this! That chick has such great attitude. (Both the 40s chick and her cool 00s counterpart!)

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

FABULOUS! What a great look! They had the stacking thing working back then!

Post a Comment