Thursday, June 16, 2011

The man of your dreams might be hiding in your bracelet


I was moments away from listing this 1950s identification bracelet the other day when I suddenly realized that there was a hinge on one side of the name plate. Could it be a secret compartment?! I pulled and tugged and eventually it popped open and lo and behold there was a man smiling back at me! He looks a little bit like Frankie Valli. Given how difficult it was to open the compartment, and the fact that the manufacturer's photograph is still inside, I don't think that the owner of this bracelet knew about this secret feature. But now you do! This bracelet will be in the shop today.

P.S. I have been giggling for almost a week now because the title of this post got cut off in my blogger "draft" list to read, "The man of your dreams might be hiding in your bra." Imagine that, if you dare.

4 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

what an amazing discovery!!! Love it!

Zohar said...

The man of my dreams might be hiding in my bra?! I wish someone would have told me sooner.

But other than that silliness - this is an exciting find! Too bad that probably a manufacturer picture but still - you could make up a story!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Oh man, I love this so much! All jewelry should have secret compartments containing photos of handsome men. (Or cute animals.)

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

You always find such amazing things hiding in your lockets/jewelry. I love how unusual this ID bracelet is, too bad the original owner never put a picture of her beau in there.

Post a Comment