Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Jewelry mark resources


If you collect or sell antique jewelry, I highly, highly recommend this book. I got it about a year ago and it is without a doubt the most useful thing in my reference library. It contains pretty much every American mark from the 1840s through the 1970s - including some very obscure ones - as well as a history of jewelry manufacturing in this country. There have been many times that I have scoured online sources only to eventually solve a mark mystery with the help of this book!

My two favorite online jewelry mark resources (in case you are wondering!) are Illusion Jewels and Morning Glory Antiques.

3 comments:

antique jewelry said...

I started collecting antiques. especially jewelry and that book is exactly what I need because I feel I don't have enough knowledge and experience. Thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

i have an antique masonic white gold mens ring and the only mark besides the 10k inside the band there is a w inside a v marking

dmskinner said...

Help please, I have a necklace with the mark SHA cannot find any information. Thank yu

Post a Comment