Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The job never changes


As I looked through these photos last night, I realized that I recognize these women. Their gestures, their joy, their fatigue, their easy, loving closeness with their children . . . it is all so familiar to me now that I have a boy of my own. This job of being a mom never really changes, does it? But mom-fashion does! Will someone please go back in time and snag those straight-leg trousers for me? They are waaaaay better than my mom jeans.

Images courtesy of the Life Image Archives

4 comments:

Brittany_Va-VoomVintage said...

The momma in the trousers, hauling the naked toddler is SO me!! I can't keep clothes on my 2 1/2 year old if my life depended on it! :P Yes, find a pair of trousers like that, you will love them. I ditched my mom jeans in favor of vintage long ago and am so thankful that I have. Trousers like those are so comfortable!

Marguerite said...

Delightful selection of photos; good work gathering them.

Welcome, welcome, welcome to your first Mother's Day!!

Best wishes to you!

Feronia said...

Lovely photos! There is something eternal about a mother and child. Enjoy your first Mother's Day!

redmenace said...

I'm a big fan of those trousers. And moms. It's the hardest job in the world. It's been one of those days around here. Thank you for this! I hope and the little guy are finding the spring days fun and (fingers crossed) sometimes restful. xo

Post a Comment