Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Through the keyhole


Christ on a Pony, I have a lot of things to photograph for the shop! So many good things. So many. Like these lockets. What is it that is SO mesmerizing about a pile of shiny things? I think it is the look of abundance that is so alluring. I also think it is a bit like looking through a keyhole . . . you can see juuusst enough to know that you want to see more. Maybe that is why I like antiquing so much. Jewelry cases, especially, are always a bit of a mess and because they are usually locked you have to be able to sort things out in your mind. Dig around with your eyes, not your hands. I love doing that.

Since it is highly unlikely that I will be able to photograph these all at once, I'll take a vote from you. Which ones should I snap first?

10 comments:

No Carnations said...

I vote for the tiny, tiny one under the black stone one in the back. I love barely there, tiny necklaces in summer. AND also the cherry picking rhinestone floral one right on top : )

Anonymous said...

I really want to know more about the bottom right corner one and the larger middle one with the pearls and flowers please!

oh, albatross said...

i second no carnations vote, and would also like to see the black stone one too! (can i wear two tiny lockets at once? i still never take off my first one from you!)

Rachel said...

The tiny heart at the bottom please :-)

Irene :: { Heirloom Attire } :: said...

Absolutely go for that mesmerizing garnet & opal one (is that a pocket watch case?)!!! And that pretty little Art Deco one hiding behind it to the left!

Nicole said...

Oh, I am very curious about the ones w/the photographs! And I agree w/everyone on the one w/the large dark stone at the top (a garnet, I believe). Plus the one in the right hand corner!

Anonymous said...

Oh so pretty! I just want to dig through and look at every single one of them!

My vote is for the silver lockets first but that's just because I prefer silver. :)

Hannah said...

Photograph the ones with pictures inside of them! I love lockets with old photos in them already

TraceyCK said...

I vote for the top gold w/black stone locket and the rose gold/pinkinsh locket touching it wiht pink and opal stones - so unusual.

steph.kelley said...

OOH! The ones with the old photographs! And...and...and...aw shoot, just snap 'em all. :) xoxo

Post a Comment