Friday, February 14, 2014

It's not about jewelry


Here's what today is about, friends. It's not about jewelry. What?!? No, I really don't think it is. I know that some people like to give sparkly things today but my hunch is that most people prefer to share something more ephemeral. Because that's more decadent in a way, isn't it? A bunch of tulips in the middle of winter, sure to wilt within the week but bright as can be today. A box of fresh-cream truffles, meant to be enjoyed as soon as possible. A long walk in the woods with a thermos of hot chocolate to share. Fleeting joys for the present moment. That's what this day is about. 

So I'm having a chocolate dipped palmier and a nice coffee right now, at 2:37 PM. An unexpected, welcome pleasure in the middle of the day. I'll make you a coffee, too. What would you like? You can leave your order in the comments section :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Wild Tea Party said...

I pretty much think Valentine's Day is about chocolate. In fact, I think that was my answer when people asked what I was doing for V Day... Anyway, whatever this palmier business is, it looks too delicious. Is it afternoon snack time yet?

Post a Comment