Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The truth


Because it's Christmastime, and at Christmastime you tell the truth, I must share a little secret. I listen to, and enjoy, the Mannheim Steamroller Christmas album this time of year. I like it because it was (adorably) my Dad's one and only foray into new age/electronic music and he loved it and played it over and over at the Duffelmeyer Family Christmas gatherings from roughly 1986-2002. It reminds me of him this time of year. Here is a little sample of the first track, Deck the Halls. Please do not judge.

7 comments:

Yonder said...

My entire life, my dad has listened to some of the craziest xmas music and now every xmas I have to hear it to feel like i'm home. The carpenters, Herb Albert and the Tijuana Brass, Barbara Streisand, and yes, this Mannheim Steamroller album too. I'm right there with ya lady, no hatin'.
--Julie

lauren said...

hmmmmm, i might have to reassess our friendship... ;)

A Wild Tonic said...

There are no judgments allowed at Christmastime! Any and all holiday music is acceptable. :)

Em said...

Sometimes our sentimental reasons for enjoying something trump all else. Enjoy with abandon...

Wild Tea Party said...

It's got to be better than the chipmunks christmas album, played on repeat......

Jacqueline said...

MH is from Omaha. So is my husband. He loves to remind me of that.

Maria Casteel said...

dude, my dad loved mannheim steamroller too! and i love it because it reminds me of him as well :) i judge not.

Post a Comment