Thursday, August 18, 2011

Maternity shopping, 1983


I continue to find endless entertainment in my beat up copy of the 1983 JC Penney winter catalog. This time, since I've got a little lad coming in December, I flipped right to the maternity section to check out my options. Wow - they loved their jumpers and tunics back then! Because everything for sale here is basically a glorified muumuu, you can't even really tell these ladies are pregnant. Quite the opposite of today's maternity fashion, which is all about flaunting your bump!

6 comments:

redmenace said...

Oh my. I didn't know that. I'm sooooo excited for you, Duff. That's wondeful! How are you feeling?!!!

Xxoo
Robin
PS- December babies are the best!

Jess said...

haha omg these are beyond hilarious. my favorite is the blue. no doubt the puffed shoulders balance out your growing belly?

Hosanna said...

LOL! Yeah, these pics look like photos of my mom when she was preggo in the 80s. :)

Wild Tea Party said...

I think you would look ravishing in the striped number Duff. :P

So glad fashion has moved on in that respect.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Oh dear... the 80s really does try... I'm just not quite sure how! ;)

Still... if anyone can make a muumuu look good. I'm sure it's you, Duff.

Anonymous said...

Oh please take a photo of you wearing on of the oversized jumpers with the big bow around your neck! LOL

Post a Comment