Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good dog

via vintagewarehouse
via maclancy
via christmasangel
via EphemeraObscura
via EphemeraObscura
via RomanceWriter
via RomanceWriter


I really love dogs and I really love old photographs with dogs in them. They seem especially loving and real to me, maybe because there is often physical contact, movement, smiling . . . three things that are missing from a lot of early portrait photographs. Here are some of my favorites available on Etsy right now, almost all from the 1920s-1940s - just click on the photo to see the listing. The last one is a family photograph with my great-grandpa Duffelmeyer and the family pup.

8 comments:

hhi said...

so cute! i love these! i love dogs too and am a professional dog walker by day! its the best job!!
janine
honeyhivintage.blogspot.com

Robin @ Red Line Vintage said...

This post makes me so happy! I'm a dog momma to 3 and I adore these old photographs. I think I've unintentionally started a little collection of my own of photos like these -- I can never pass them up!

tree and kimball said...

these photos brought a smile to my face on this grey monday morning. so precious!

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

As a dog lover, this just tickles me! I saw the cutest photo of Charlie Chaplin with a dog on Tumblr today. Really, it was the dog who was the star of the photo--he had such a Happy Dog Look on his face!

Maria Casteel said...

this made my day. i love picture number 4.
thanks duff!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've given me the motivation to get to the library to scan more photos for my blog.

BaronessVonVintage said...

oh these are fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

I am a guide dog puppy raiser and owner of my own two dogs. I also collect black and white dog photos. How awesome to see your collection!

Post a Comment