Friday, March 18, 2011

More of that jet, please



The star of this outfit is the brooch, which is a ca. 1880s French jet (i.e. antique black glass) Victorian mourning pin. I found it in Kansas about a year ago and it is one of the superstars of my jewelry box. I wish I could find more like it. I love the back, with the telltale tube hinge and "c" catch. I paired it here with an equally lovely pair of glass earrings.

Also, I have decided that I need about three more spring trench coats. If you have any advice on where to find some nice ones that don't cost a fortune, please let me know!

Jacket || hand-me-down by Beth Bowley
Shirt || hand-me-down envelope collar sweater
Pants || Zara
Boots || Dear Golden Vintage
Brooch || 1880s French jet mourning pin
Earrings || 1940s faceted glass drops

7 comments:

KristiMcMurry said...

such a pretty brooch! I also really love the boots.

The Greedy Seagull said...

wow, lovely brooch, that's a keeper!

Wild Tea Party said...

Wowee, such a pretty brooch!

Anne said...

Ah, hello French Jet!

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Definitely a gorgeous brooch and the earrings are lovely too-- you find the best pieces of jewelry, it astounds me!

I ALWAYS see dozens of trench coats at the thrift store, I've found 4 trench coats this way and haven't spent more than $6 for any of them.

Emily said...

Gorgeous brooch!

Anonymous said...

I found my latest favorite trench at a great thrift store in Petaluma (definitely worth the drive to visit this AMAZING town). I'd suggest any thrift shop though where London Fog coats usually abound.

Post a Comment