Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For the girl who loves mummies


Here is another amazing find from Erie Basin. This is a 1920s Egyptian Revival necklace with a tiny sarcophagus and a pale blue enamel chain. For a gal who begged her parents to have a t-shirt made with her name in hieroglyphics when she was little (yup, I did and they obliged), this piece speaks to my inner Egyptologist. You could even fashion a little mummy out of tissue or something and tuck it inside! At $198 the price is very reasonable, especially since Egyptian Revival jewelry is getting so hard to come by.

Photos courtesy of Erie Basin

4 comments:

LUXXOR said...

I Love mummies!

As a girl of Egyptian heritage, this type of jewelry is always special to me.

-Sarah
LUXXORVintage.com

lauren said...

that is so so awesome!

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing find, totally covet worthy.

Wild Tea Party said...

Ah why would you tell a girl like me about a thing like that! I wore an ankh for most of high school (until I lost it!) and now I'm all swoony over scarabs... But a tiny sarcophagus - now that's just too much for my brain to handle.

Post a Comment