Friday, July 29, 2011

Mia

Miss Mary P. pendant
Secret Garden pendant
Wild poppies pendant
Mia + an almond croissant in France

My buddy Mia is my "Martha Stewart" friend. And I mean that in the most complimentary way possible. Maybe you have one of these friends, too? When she makes things - cakes, crafts, you name it - they are perfect. I mean perfect. A few years ago (much to my absolute joy) she decided to make things for a living! She started by moving to New York and doing the Pastry and Baking Arts program at the ICE. Then, because making the most delicious cakes, caramels and cookies on the planet wasn't quite enough, she opened an Etsy shop called Brown Paper Bicycle. She uses vintage calling cards, postcards and other paper ephemera to make studs, pendants and other baubles. She just started making double-sided pieces and they are my absolute favorite. I love how you can see postmarks, stamps and bits of writing on the backsides! Hooray for crafty friends.

P.S. If you live in NYC you can sample some of Mia's goodies at Three Tarts in Chelsea.

2 comments:

Robin @ Red Line Vintage said...

These are beautiful, Duff! I think I'll mosey on over to Mia's shop and pick a pendant to add to my wishlist!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and talented friend! The necklaces look beautiful but and the pastry looks SO good!

Post a Comment