Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I want to look I don't want to look


These human hair necklaces by Kerry Howley make me crazy. I love them I hate them. I want to look I don't want to look. They are beautiful they are repulsive. I actually really enjoy antique hairwork jewelry (especially mourning jewelry) but usually that category features tight, tidy weaves that end up looking like fiber art. But Howley's work is messier, with loose strands and somehow that gives me the shivers. What do you think?

Photos via Arts Thread

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was happier when I thought this was a unique tattoo. Now I'm just grossed out. I love mourning jewelry too, but this is creepy.

Anneke said...

i would never be able to wear them, they must tickle like hell! and it looks a bit creepy...

this is pretty cool hair art though: http://www.melaniebilenker.com/

Katie said...

agree. gross and pretty all at the same time...they evoke so many emotions at the same time, very interesting. :)

No Carnations said...

Lovely to look at, COULD NOT wear them.

lauren said...

dude, i could not have said it better, "i love them, i hate them", they make me happy, they make me want to gag a little bit. they would look awesome as tattoos though.

Post a Comment