Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ice cream is good


If you fell out of practice over the winter, this is your official notice that it is time to start eating ice cream/gelato/sorbetto again. Getting ice cream with friends is one of my favorite things to do - way more fun than getting grown up things like lunch and coffee. Luckily, Mr. Jean Jean Vintage loves ice cream more than anyone I know, so I never have to work too hard to persuade him to get a treat with me. My favorite flavor right now? Molasses!

Photos courtesy of the Life Image Archives

5 comments:

tree and kimball said...

this is basically the best public service announcement i've ever heard, duff! i am not much for sweets, but ice cream has a serious hold over me... i eat it nearly every other day. (and molasses?! yum!)

Holly said...

I never thought I was much of an ice cream person until I tried this gourmet place in Columbus, turns out I just wasn't eating the right ice cream! I can't wait for them to bring back goat cheese with roasted cherries for the summer.

lauren said...

so cute. did you notice that Howard Johnson's had a flavor of ice cream called 'frozen pudding'? um, yum!

Paris Hotel Boutique said...

These photos are fabulous! Those were the days!

Wild Tea Party said...

Those 28 flavors sound right up my alley...

Ironically, I'm eating vanilla gelato as I write this.

Post a Comment