Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh Faye


I re-watched Bonnie and Clyde the other night and was absolutely transfixed by Faye Dunaway. And by this I mean, truly, I almost cut my own hair at midnight to look like Bonnie Parker. The movie (1967) follows the Barrow Gang through several states and dozens of crimes to the much publicized shoot out and death of the country's favorite public enemy couple in 1934. Ms. Dunaway's clothes in the movie are simple and stylish and she has this bewitching sun-kissed look through the whole film. The little curl she has on the side of her head in the first scenes just kills me.

Images courtesy of availableimages.com

8 comments:

Zohar said...

Actually your hair would look great with this kind of cut wouldn't it? It's straight overall! There's something so alluring about simplicity and monocrome - I'm a big fan.

Anneke said...

me and my boyfriend dressed up as bonnie and clyde for a comic book/movie convention last year... we wanted to get a discount on our tickets without having to dress up as elves or stormtroopers! it was pretty awesome, we got compliments all day, too bad my hair got a bit frizzy since it was raining outside (i have natural curls)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/Ploesj/73841_1615238776908_1114481370_31760807_7054189_n.jpg

Karen/Small Earth Vintage said...

Such a great movie! I recently saw a photo of the actual Bonnie and she was just as stylish as portrayed by Faye.

tree and kimball said...

she certainly is stunning & i'm ashamed to say i've never seen the movie. i must rectify this... now. officially added to the queue!

Margot Miller said...

I love the cami in the second photo! that bow detail is killer.

Mariana said...

Love that movie!

lauren said...

holy hell hell hell, that second photo now goes into my style inspiration file! i mean, come on! the necklace and that camisole/dress/nightie with the bow? drool! what a fox, huh?

Feronia said...

Fabulous!

Post a Comment